Terrific Tuesday Tale:
We set out in search of strawberries on this afternoon of dreary rain, and spent an inordinate amount of time stuck in a construction back-up on I-94. (You know what I mean, you’ve been there–just change the highway number.) It was tedious creeping, then stopping, then creeping toward the merge, lots of big slow rigs maneuvering like dinosaurs, and lined up behind us was a Van Buren County animal control vehicle. As we approached our exit, suddenly, missing us by inches on the right, a hotshot scofflaw with Illinois plates came blasting through on the gravel shoulder, doing at least 50 and BAM — the animal control vehicle hits its lights and guns it around us after the asshole, and we now see its driver is a uniformed county brownie. As we proceeded along the exit ramp, there was the deputy, leaning into the FIP’s window with his pad out. Best laugh of the month so far. Perhaps there is a God after all. Time to make jam with the most heavenly berries in the world, Michigan strawberries. (But first, I think, a daquiri.)
- Are We Ready to Lose it Again?
- Delightful Word Stumbled Upon Today: Gnomic
- I’ll take the all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet, but hold the Republican presidential candidate, please.
- Perhaps There is a God, After All
- The Engineer’s Daughter
- The More Things Change, the More I Am the Same, part 1
- A Poem: #832 Is My Color
- Muse – ing
- p.s. (Still) Too Big To Succeed
- The Most Important Stuff