#832 is My Color.
Took me a long time to find it,
easily 40 years.
You see they keep re-naming it,
with every glorious, glamourous update.
But I found it.
This time around it’s “Unending Amber”.
I’ve worn the next-to-last tube
down to the nub of ickyness.
I consider, then savor, each sparing application
Starting with the shape,
It’s empowering to hear the muffled click
as the case snaps shut,
and I rise to leave
into the chill of a clear October evening.
- Are We Ready to Lose it Again?
- Delightful Word Stumbled Upon Today: Gnomic
- I’ll take the all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet, but hold the Republican presidential candidate, please.
- Perhaps There is a God, After All
- The Engineer’s Daughter
- The More Things Change, the More I Am the Same, part 1
- A Poem: #832 Is My Color
- Muse – ing
- p.s. (Still) Too Big To Succeed
- The Most Important Stuff