- #Harvey #Irony
- Are We Ready to Lose it Again?
- Delightful Word Stumbled Upon Today: Gnomic
- I’ll take the all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet, but hold the Republican presidential candidate, please.
- Perhaps There is a God, After All
- The Engineer’s Daughter
- The More Things Change, the More I Am the Same, part 1
- A Poem: #832 Is My Color
- Muse – ing
- p.s. (Still) Too Big To Succeed
Monthly Archives: June 2013
Bacon, sausage, hamburger – they smell great while browning, but the tricky part is draining off all that grease. The recipe instructs “drain the fat” and moves on, but how? I’ve tried pouring it off, and that’s nearly impossible, balancing … Continue reading
Of all animals, he alone attains the Contemplative Life. He regards the wheel of existence from without, like the Buddha. There is no pretense of sympathy about the cat. He lives alone, aloft, sublime, in a wise passiveness. -Andrew Lang … Continue reading
You’ve heard of “too big to fail”. But has the American corporate ideal become too big to succeed? Last year, a supremely obnoxious telemarketing scam “Account Services” glommed onto my land-line. Despite the “Do Not Call” list and repeated requests … Continue reading